1. Make the kids lab coats using adult white T-Shirts.
2. Pick up a bunch of lab goggles at the dollar store
3. Have the kids do their own science experiments using test tubes. We'll be doing lava and dancing raisins
4. Put a fogger on the table
5. Create a rat maze, using card board boxes
6. Create an electricity room with light up toys, black lights and black fabric to block off a hall. The lab coats will glow in the room! I also picked up several glow in the dark balloons to hang on the ceiling of the hall.
7. We have a huge sensory table where I plan to have our Ice Melt activity. Inside will be various sizes of ice with things inside. Once the ice melts, the kids can retrieve the prize inside.
8. Ceiling activities are a huge hit at parties. For this theme, I'll hang punch balloons. The kids are a little older so it should turn into a fun game of them trying to make it through the maze of balloons without being hit. I'll also have those fun sticky hands that they can use to try and catch a balloon.
9. Flubber Attack will be another fun activity. I'll have a bunch of plastic funnels in various sizes so they can experiment with the texture. Inevitably, they will let the flubber hang from the table and try to escape from it. I'll use lime green flubber for this one.
10. Our cake will be a crazy purple minion.
11. Brendan's favorite song is the YMCA. I'll have various costumes laid out for when we play it. Hoping to recreate the fun scene of the minions dancing to it at the end of Despicable Me 2.